Tata Motors is now readying a wide range of new cars for the domestic market. Not just new models, Tata will also give upgrades to its existing range. In this article, we talk about the key features and new Tata cars to be launched in the Indian market before the end of 2022.
2022 New Tata Cars:
Tata Motors has officially teased the automatic variant of the Altroz hatchback. Likely to be launched in March-April 2022, the Tata Altroz automatic will be positioned against the Hyundai i20 AT, VW Polo AT and the Maruti Baleno AMT. The new model will be the first in its category to feature a dual-clutch transmission or DCT. It will be offered on the turbo variant of the hatchback, which is equipped with a 108bhp, 1.2L 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine.
- Standard of design: Inspired by the world of laser carving, the exteriors of ALTROZ exemplify athletic sharpness. Design so sharp, it cuts through the air like a hot knife through butter.
- ALTROZ has been designed to offer world-class protection to its occupants. Equipped with ALFA Architecture and a comprehensive safety system ALTROZ has achieved 5-star Global NCAP rating.
- Technology:Infotainment system by HarmanTM equipped with an advanced 17.78 cm touchscreen interface, unmatched acoustics system and iRA leaves no stone unturned.
- Customer Delight:Step inside and be amazed by the modern, intelligent and tastefully crafted interiors. Experience every mile in the luxurious comfort of premium leatherette seats, rear AC vents, rear flat floor design, 90° opening doors and personalized wallpapers all that makes you wish your drive lasts longer.
Updated Nexon EV, which is likely to arrive by April 2022. It will be a new high-range variant, which will be sold alongside the regular model. The new model will come with a bigger battery pack along with few mechanical upgrades. It is likely to come with a larger 40kWh battery pack. The outgoing model comes with a 30.2kWh battery pack, and is claimed to offer an ARAI-certified range of 312km. The larger battery pack is expected to deliver a range of over 400km.
- Next Level Safety:Nexon’s high-strength steel structure absorbs impact energy and protects the passenger during an unfortunate collision.
- Design:A box breaking SUV design that combines the practicality of an SUV with the style of a sports coupe.
- Best Level of Technology:Presenting iRA – a cool new connected tech platform that is in sync with India. It offers a range of innovative features that are especially developed keeping in mind the needs of the India car buyer
- Comfortable Level:The Nexon is geared with ventilated Leatherette seats in the front to keep you at a comfortable temperature no matter what the weather is outside.
Tata Altroz EV
Tata Altroz EV Launch and Price: Altroz EV to be launched by late-2020 with a price tag of under Rs 15 lakh. The Altroz EV will be priced close to the Tata Nexon EV and the Mahindra XUV300 EV.
Tata Altroz EV Battery: It is likely to feature a battery pack with close to 30kWh capacity that will offer a range of about 300km on a single charge.
Tata Altroz EV Features: The Altroz EV is expected to get features such as a semi-digital instrument cluster, auto AC, and connected car tech.
Tata Altroz EV Rivals: At the time of launch, it will be the only premium electric hatchback.
Testing the petrol derivatives of the Safari and the Harrier. The new model is likely to be equipped with a new 1.5 or 1.6-litre turbocharged DI (direct-injection) motor. The powertrain is expected to produce around 160bhp and 250Nm of torque. It is expected to come with automatic gearbox, paddle shifters and multi-drive modes. The new models are likely to come with ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System), wireless charging system, a 360 degree camera and others.