Here is How to mirror Android device to a PC or laptop? Screen mirroring is when or screen sharing is when you display your android device on any other device, it is a great way to share photos, videos, or games with a room of people. In 2022, people will be using many devices daily, and connecting them seems like the most natural thing to do.
The process of doing so is easy. However, some device combination requires some effort. There are a few things that you might have to keep in mind while mirroring your device or a smooth functioning.
Steps to mirroring an Android phone to a mac:
- Open ‘Finder’ on your Mac
- Click ‘Application’ from the menu to the left
- Press ‘Command + A’ on the keyboard if the option is not visible
- Open ‘Utilities’
- Start the ‘Terminal’ app
- Select the command line and copy/paste it into the ‘Terminal’
- Press ‘Enter’ to execute it
- Once the installation is complete, install Android ADB tools
- Type in or copy/paste the following command below into the ‘Terminal’
- Press ‘Enter’ to execute
- Now install the ‘Scrcpy’ app
- Copy the code and paste it into the ‘Terminal’
- Press ‘Enter’
- Now wait for the installation to be completed
- To establish the connection between the devices, connect your Android device using a USB cable
- Tap on ‘Allow to continue’ once the notification appears
- In Mac Terminal, type the app name to launch it.
Steps to mirroring an Android phone to a Chromebook:
- Install ‘Reflector 3’ from the website on both android devices and your Chromebook
- Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network
- Start the app on both devices
- Tap the menu button in the top-left corner on the screen on Android
- Select ‘Cast Screen/Audio
- Now, you should see the list of available devices for mirroring
- Select Chromebook to proceed
Screen mirroring and projecting to your PC
If you’re working on a Windows 10 PC and want the apps and content from another screen to show on your PC screen, you’ll want to consider mirroring that device‘s screen or projecting it to your PC. Note that you’ll need a device that supports Miracast. Here’s how to mirror another screen or project to your PC:
- Select Start > Settings > System > Projecting to this PC .
- Under Add the “Wireless Display” optional feature to project this PC, select Optional features.
- Select Add a feature, then enter “wireless display.”
- Select it from the list of results, then select Install.
- After “Wireless Display” is installed, manage your projecting preferences on the Projecting to this PC page in Settings.
- On the PC you’re projecting to, launch the Connect app by entering “Connect app” in the search box on the taskbar.
- On the device you’re projecting from, go to the screen mirroring settings (sometimes called cast settings), and select your PC to connect to it. If you’re projecting from a PC, you can also select Windows key ( )+ K and select the PC you’d like to connect to.