Do you also think about How to Get Verified on Instagram in 2022? Instagram is an American photo and video sharing social networking service founded by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger. In April 2012, Facebook Inc. acquired the service for approximately US$1 billion in cash and stock, and Verified badges help people more easily find the public figures, celebrities, and brands that they want to follow.
Read Also: WhatsApp 6 New Features to Expect in 2022
What is Verified Badge on Instagram?
A verified badge is a tick that appears next to an Instagram account’s name in search and on the profile. It means that Instagram has confirmed that an account is the authentic presence of the public figure, celebrity, or brand it represents. We don’t use the verified badge to endorse or recognize public figures or brands. The verified badge is a tool to help people find the real accounts of public figures and brands, and it means that we have verified that this is a notable and authentic Instagram account. A verified badge is not a symbol to show importance, authority, or subject matter expertise.
Once verified, you may not change the username on your account, and verification cannot be transferred to a different account. Instagram accounts that impersonate public figures or other people go against our Community Guidelines and aren’t allowed on Instagram. Note: While many public figures verify their account on Instagram, not all public figures have verified badges .
How to Request for a verified Badge for any Instagram Profile?
How to Get Verified on Instagram in 2022? To request a verified badge, you must be a public figure, celebrity, or brand and meet certain account and eligibility requirements.
To request a verified badge: Instagram app for Android and iPhone and Instagram Lite app for Android
- Make sure that you’re logged in to the account you’re requesting a verified badge for.
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap in the top right, then tap Settings.
- Tap Account, then tap Request verification.
- Enter your full name and provide the required form of identification (e.g. government-issued photo ID or official business documents).
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Bear in mind that:
- Even if your account is eligible for verification, submitting a request doesn’t guarantee that your account will be verified.
- Submitting multiple verified badge requests doesn’t guarantee that your account will be verified and applying for a verified badge multiple times before receiving a decision will cancel your application.
- Once verified, you may not change the username on your account, and verification cannot be transferred to a different account.
- Verifying your account on Instagram will not verify your account on Facebook. Visit the Facebook Help Centre to learn how to verify your Facebook account.
- If you receive a verified badge using false or misleading information during the verification process, we will remove your verified badge and may take additional action to disable your account.
Learn what happens after you’ve applied for verification. If your account is verified by Instagram, you may want to enable additional security tools such as two-factor authentication. Learn about other security tips on Instagram.
What are the requirements to apply for a verified badge on Instagram?
- Authentic: Represent a real person, registered business or entity.
- Unique: Represent the unique presence of the person or business. Only one account per person or business may be verified, with exceptions for language-specific accounts. We don’t verify general interest accounts (e.g. @puppymemes).
- Complete: Your account must be public and have a bio, profile photo and be active when you apply.
- Notable: Your account must represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand or entity. We review accounts that are featured in multiple news sources, and we don’t consider paid or sponsored media content as sources for review.
Bear in mind that if you receive a verified badge using false or misleading information during the verification process, we will remove your verified badge and may take additional action to disable your account. If your account is verified by Instagram, you may want to enable additional security tools such as two-factor authentication. Learn about other security tips on Instagram.
What happens after I apply for a verified badge on Instagram?
Instagram will never request payment for verification or contact you to ask you to confirm your verification. Once we’ve reviewed your request, you’ll receive a notification in Activity up to 30 days after applying, letting you know whether your account has been verified or not. You can tap in the top right to see notifications in Activity. If your request is denied, you can submit a new request again in 30 days. Note that applying for a verified badge multiple times before receiving a decision will cancel your application. Bear in mind that Instagram can remove verified badges at any time, and may take away your badge or disable your account if you:
- Advertise, transfer or sell your verified badge.
- Attempt to verify your account through a third party.
- Switch your account from public to private too many times.
If your account doesn’t have a verified badge, there are other ways to let people know that you’re authentic. For example, you can link to your Instagram account from your official website, Facebook Page, YouTube, or Twitter account. Note: If you provide false or misleading information during the verification process, we will remove your verified badge and may take additional action to disable your account. Verifying your account on Instagram will not verify your account on Facebook. Visit the Facebook Help Centre to learn how to verify your Facebook account.
I have a verified badge on Facebook, why don’t I have one on Instagram?
Accounts with verified badges on Instagram are well-known public figures, celebrities, and brands. Not all Facebook Pages with verified badges have verified badges on their Instagram accounts. If your Page is verified on Facebook, you will still need to apply separately for a verification badge on Instagram. If you don’t have a verified badge on Instagram, you can link to your Instagram profile from your official Facebook page to help let people know that you’re authentic. Learn more about how to verify your business on Instagram or how to add a Facebook Page to an Instagram business profile.
List of most-followed Instagram accounts and Verified Accounts on Instagram
|1||461 M||Social media platform||United States|
|2||@cristiano||Cristiano Ronaldo||390 M||Footballer||Portugal|
|3||@kyliejenner||Kylie Jenner||301 M||Television personality, model, and businesswoman||United States|
|4||@leomessi||Lionel Messi||300 M||Footballer||Argentina|
|5||@therock||Dwayne Johnson||290 M||Actor and professional wrestler||United States|
|6||@arianagrande||Ariana Grande||289 M||Musician and actress||United States|
|7||@selenagomez||Selena Gomez||289 M||Musician, actress, producer, and businesswoman||United States|
|8||@kimkardashian||Kim Kardashian||279 M||Television personality, model, and businesswoman||United States|
|9||@beyonce||Beyoncé||232 M||Musician||United States|
|10||@justinbieber||Justin Bieber||215 M||Musician||Canada|