Best badminton racket is fundamentally determined by its weight and stiffness, and its shaft is the primary structure that directly transmits the hitting feel of the racket. Conceivably, “The shaft is the soul of a racket”. Choose & buy your badminton racket suited to your style of play and improve your skills in the game that gives you the best result to come out as a shuttler.
Complete Guide Rules To Choose & Buy Your Best Badminton Racket
Let’s Understand In Brief:
- GRIP: Ranges from G1 to G6.
- WEIGHT: From U to 5U.
- HEAD SHAPE: Oval shape or isometric/square shape.
- SHAFT FLEXIBILTY: Ranges from flexible, medium, and stiff.
- BALANCE: With heavy head, balanced, and light head.
Almost all rackets come with the standard grip i.e G4 size range. This size range is found in all racquets. A smaller size grip allows more finger power/wrist action to be used whereas a bigger size range utilizes more of our arm. There are many other ways to grip a racquet/racket according to your playing style.
|Size||4 inches||3.75 inches||3.5 inches||3.25 inches||3 inches||2.75 inches|
- G5 grip size is specially designed for player with small-size hands.
- G1/G2 are for player with large-size hands.
BEST BADMINTON RACKET LEADS TO -> MORE ARM POWER<=> MORE FINGER/WRIST POWER
Types Of Grip:
- Backhand grip
- Forehand grip
- Attacking/Smashing grip
- Pan grip
Most badminton rackets usually weigh between 85-92gm(Without the string and grip).
- A Heavy racquet(2U/U) is considered as a power badminton racket.
- A Light racquet gives you better control on shuttle.
Weight Categories of rackets:
|Weight(gm)||75-79.9 gm||80-84.9 gm||85-92 gm||90-94.9 gm||95-99.9 gm|
- OVAL SHAPE: This shaped rackets has smaller sweet spot and delivers more power only when spot is hit. Provides better control to player and can perfectly execute desired shot and make the shutte to drop. These shaped rackets are recommended for advance level player.
- ISOMETRIC SHAPE: This shaped racquet have more squarish head as comparison to an oval. It has larger sweet spot for begginer to play effecetively.These spot make easy to hit without loosing more power.
The shaft is the soul of the badminton racket as we discussed before. It can be flexible or stiff depending upon the material. The shaft area lies between the handle/grip and strung/T-joint area of the frame.
|Flexible Shaft||Stiff Shaft|
|Provide easy access to power without exerting much energy||Returns/back shots are faster because of stiffness|
|Good for beginner to improve basic technique||More control on shuttle placements|
|Can easily defend smashes||Generates high potential power|
The racket balance or balance point of a racket refers to the weight distribution in a racket and can be known by where the center of balance lies in the racquet, starting from its base.
- “Heavy head rackets” feel heavy at racket head and generates more power in your smashes.
- “Light head rackets” are mostly suited for net players.
- “Even balance rackets” gives good feel and flexibility to all-round players.
|BALANCE TYPE||PLAYER STYLE|
|Heavy Head||For playing attacking and more power style|
|Light Head||For defensive playing and more speed style|
|Balanced||For both control and mobility|
Strings are the only point of contact between the shuttle and the racket, and so are key to a player’s ability to strike the shuttle effectively. If you’re a beginner-level player then it’s more important to just enjoy the game; however, for developing and elite players, string customization can bring huge benefits but the string tension increases the sweet spot reduces and the racket became more concentrated.
|STRING TENSION||PLAYING LEVEL|
Badminton rackets are made up of different types of materials like wood, Steel, Carbon Fiber, Aluminum, and Graphite, etc.
|Our recommendation on |
basis of player level
|Balance||Balanced||Heavy/Light Head||Heavy Head|
|1. YONEX GR303 |
2. YONEX Muscle power 29 Lite
3. YONEX Cabonex 8000 plus 3U/G4.
|1. YONEX VOLTRIC 8E-Tune |
2. YONEX Voltric 7
3. Li-Ning US 978 Ultra
|1. YONEX VOLTRICZ Force II|
2. YONEX Dura10
3. YONEX ARCSABER 11