New COVID Variant, Symptoms of Omicron : In November 2021 (Wednesday) a new COVID Variant was identified in South Africa. The new COVID Variant is named Omicron, WHO or World Health Organization has designated the new COVID Variant as the Variant of concern. After knowing that a new variant of COVID has been identified, the whole world is not panicking about this.
This article, will provide you the detailed information about the Omicron COVID Variant.The four most common symptoms of the Omicron variant are cough, fatigue, congestion and runny nose, according to a CDC analysis of the first 43 cases investigated in the U.S. People with COVID-19 can report a wide range of symptoms, with cough and loss of smell emerging as two frequent indicators of the virus.
|Detected In||South Africa|
|Detected On||24 November 2021|
|Variant Type||Variant Of Concern|
Common Symptoms Of Omicron by WHO, AIIMs
Symptoms of Omicron
When infected with the new mutant variant, the individual experiences more or less the same symptoms as witnessed when infected with the original strain or the previously mutated virus.
- Loss of smell and taste during infection.
- The most common few symptoms of Omicron are mild fever, fatigue, scratchy throat and body pain.
Most common symptoms
- Most common symptoms for the new COVID Variant “Omicron” are fever, cough, tiredness, loss of taste or smell.
Less common symptoms
- Less common symptoms for the new COVID Variant “Omicron” are sore throat, headache, aches, pains, diarrhea, a rash on skin, discolouration of fingers or toes red or irritated eyes.
- Serious symptoms for the new COVID Variant “Omicron” are difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, loss of speech or mobility, or confusion or chest pain.
Note: If anyone has any of these symptoms, then he/she should urgently take the COVID test.
Preventive measures you should take
- Get yourself tested.
- Stay away for at least 10 days to reduce the risk of infection
- If tested positive for COVID-19, immediately isolate yourself
- Even you are vaccinated or been following Covid norms, isolation is to protect your loved ones from risk.
- During isolation still you are witness of any symptoms then, do contact your doctor to know futhur course of action as soon as possible.
Recommended Actions For People-WHO
The most effective steps individuals can take to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus is to keep a physical distance of at least 1 meter from others; wear a well-fitting mask; open windows to improve ventilation; avoid poorly ventilated or crowded spaces; keep hands clean; cough or sneeze into a bent elbow or tissue, and get vaccinated when it’s their turn.